I just have to say that the last week has been so much fun for me. From the stunning visual candy created by our Challengers to the amazing link up creations submitted by our readers, I am just so impressed by the skills and creative visions that exist!!! So thank you to everyone who participated for sharing your talents with the rest of us.
Ok....... so the news that everyone is waiting for.... drum-roll pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase......
The readers votes are in the the winner of the First Annual Over the TOP Challenge is:
A TIE!!!!!!!!!! Yep - the votes were dead even and the title will have to be shared between
Lori and Trisha, congratulations ladies!!!!
Not only do you get bragging rights for the next year, you also have each won $50 to buy new things and keep those creative juices flowing.
Now for the link up winners. Our challengers had quite a hard time judging as there are soooo many talented women who created OTT looks that fully embodied the 'holiday' theme.
We started by narrowing it down to a top ten - not easy at all!
Our top ten are:
#2, #9, #, 21, #25, #26, #27, #31, #36, #38, & #39
And from those, our Judges graded each look in 5 categories:
- Over The TOP-ness: how well did this meet the challenge of going over the top (5pts)
- Creative Use of Materials: pattern mixing, unusual materials, etc... (5pts)
- Execution: How well constructed and thought out is the look (5pts)
- Overall look: Do the accessories and embelishments enhance or detract from the look (5pts)
- Personal Favorite: that gut level 'I just love this' ness. (5 pts)
The First Place Winner is: #39 The Nutcracker Balett Dress
Congratulations, you have won a Prize Pack including:
- 2 yards of Knit from Mabel Madison
- $25 Store Credit to Bailey Girls Fabric
- $25 Store Credit to Zipper Island
- 2 Patterns of your choice from Winter Wear Designs
In Second place, we once again had a TIE!!!!! I told you this was hard!!!
The winners are:
#21 -Holiday Masquerade Dress
Congratulations, you have won a $20 Store Credit to Stitch Box Monthy and 2 patterns of your choice from Winter Wear Designs.
#25 - That Red Dress
Congratulations, you have won a $20 Store Credit to L'Oiseau Fabrics and two patterns of your choice from Winter Wear Designs.
Thank You again to our Amazing Sponsors who made this possible, be sure to check out their shops and all the amazing things they carry: