I sewed this up for my daughter and am absolutely in love. The button closure, the optional front bodice trim, the neckline options (peter pan, scoop or square), the CUFFS!!!! This pattern is a fairly easy sew and stands up and demands that people stop in their tracks and say 'AWWWWWW'. And yet with all this adorable factor, this is a top that those pickier girls can easily make look 'cool' - the right fabrics with leggings and boots and you have the perfect outfit for that non 'girly girl'that is 100% school appropriate.
Some quick Details:
- Skill Level - Beginner + (the cuffs, sleeves and placket are great details that just take a little extra time - if you haven't done these before, don't worry, you wont have any problem following the pattern)
- Printing: The pattern Pieces print in Color on 9 pages. The sizes are all nested together
- Size Range: 2t-7/8
- Instructions - Clear and easy to follow with step by step written instructions and clear photographs to walk you through each stage of construction.
- Fit - I made the 2T for my daughter (which is her RTWsize) and I love the fit... a little bit of growing room to last through the fall and winter.
- Options: Collar - Peter Pan, square, scoop. There are also instructions for adding fullness to the body and for adding the trim detail at the yoke.
Tie Dye Diva is offering a one day discount of 20% off with the code: EVERYDAY20 And you can always get the great deal of 25% off 3 or more patterns with code BUNDLE.
- This review was completed by a 3rd party objective reviewer who received a complimentary copy of the pattern in order to complete the review. Neither Pattern Revolution nor the reviewer received any additional compensation for this review.
But now I'll let Shae take it away with an in depth review of this top...