There is something about sewing pants for my little ones that always makes me happy - not quite as happy as sewing coats, but happy none-the-less. You see pants in my house get worn over and Over and OVER, and there is nothing better than seeing your adorable kidlets running around day after day in something you lovingly made for them.
Today we are reviewing the Small Fry Skinny Jeans from Titchy Threads. You can get 15% off today through 1/28 with the code: SMALLFRY15. AND you can enter to win your very own copy below - if the winner has already purchased the pattern, they will be refunded with proof of purchase!
Here are Nichole and Crystal to show off their takes on this classic pattern that works for both girls and boys....
- This review was completed by a 3rd party objective reviewer who received a complimentary copy of the pattern in order to complete the review. Neither Pattern Revolution nor the reviewer received any additional compensation for this review
- Great print out...only 9 pages to tape together..(I did smaller sizes not sure about bigger sizes)
- Very detailed steps with pictures. But not too wordy. Perfect.
- Extremely professional finish
- Personalized fit...I made size 12/18 months in waist and 3 in length. Perfect for my girly.
- Two different options to follow through out the pattern...top stitching/no top stitching..zipper/no zip..two different front pocket styles, flat felled seams or not. You decide!! ( I made a faux pocket, because my daughter doesn't love pockets.
- Adjustable elastic insert an option..(I didn't do this because I did a custom fit and thought I could skip it..worked nicely without the elastic too)
- These did take me an afternoon to make. Nothing horrible, but not super quick sew. Completely worth it.
- I had to sew a manual buttonhole because my automatic buttonhole wouldn't work with the belt loop in the way. This may not be an issue for everyone. And it isn't even an issue, I was able to do one regardless, just not as quickly. ;)
|Fit perfectly into her (okay mine) favorite boots!!|
|Don't ya love that top stitching?!|
|Those there are skinny jeans, folks.|
|Add your own detail to the back pockets!|
|I didn't do a zip because of the smaller size.|
|Just more fun detail!!|
|Try and pretend you can't see my blue marker on that fly..thank you.|
|One quick polar-vortex-freezing-outside-running-through-the-snow-in-my-new-Small-Fry-Skinny-Jeans pic!|
- The pattern is easy to assemble and can be printed in color or in black and white.
- Tons of pictures that make instructions easy to follow
- 64 pages of detailed tutorial and a cheat sheet with condensed instructions you can print for reference.
- There is a size chart and finished garment measurements so you can get a perfect fit. There are even tips for adjusting the pattern pieces if you need to so they are just right.
- Both Metric and Imperial measurements are included
- Tips for topstitching for a professional finish.
- Comes in sizes 0-3 months - 3T and 3-12.
- There is extra diaper room in the smaller sizes.
- button elastic in the waist makes them adjustable.
- If you want to try them out or peak at the pattern, she has the for FREE in size 2T, you can find them HERE