I am a huge fan of our Affiliate Peek-A-Boo Patterns. I have tested her patterns, bought her patterns, and made her patterns on many occasions. I think that counts me as a fan - and yet there are so many of her pattern that I have yet to sew; I guess that is what happens when a designer is constantly coming up with fun new material to whet our appetites.
The Grand Slam is one of these patterns, but I swear that will change in the near future. This raglan sleeve pattern is designed for boys AND girls, with two fit options, and a dress option as well. Give me a Woot Woot for versatility - seriously, I want to start 'The Versatility Award' and randomly hand it out to the designers of patterns that I could spend a month making without repeating myself... but I have a feeling I would just get the 'side-eye' ;op
Raedene has set out to show you just how versatile this pattern is by making an adorable trio for her three kids... check them out and be inspired!!! Have you made the Grand Slam??? We want to see them! Make sure to share in our Face Book Group or the PDF Sales and Promotions Group so that we can love them all!!!
- This review was completed by a 3rd party objective reviewer who received a complimentary copy of the pattern in order to complete the review. Neither Pattern Revolution nor the reviewer received any additional compensation for this review
Not only did it meet the range and the fabric style I needed but it also had multiple options. Short, 3/4 and long sleeves were available in this pattern. AND, it includes a girl's dress length as well as the bodice for a unisex top. I went a little crazy and made THREE different versions for each of my super kids!
These are what are included in the pattern:
- pattern pieces for unisex tee bodice and it has two options for slim or athletic fits
- pattern pieces for girls dress body same two options as above for slim or athletic fits pattern
- pieces for short sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves, and long sleeves
- wide size range: 3 mos-12 years
- measurements chart for neckband pieces
- excellent photos throughout to help with construction tips for working with knit
- finished measurements chart a yardage chart for each size and style
- pattern pieces for optional pocket and appliqué shape templates
This pattern is super fast and easy to sew. The directions are thorough with lots of pictures to guide the construction of the garment. And the fit is perfect. I love all the options included in this pattern. I chose long sleeve tee for my BOY and a short sleeve tee for my youngest, and of course my diva needed a dress. Such a cute athletic comfy dress it is. I even thought it would make a perfect nightgown too if you wanted to think outside the box. I chose to mix and match fabrics for a few reasons. First, it is a great stash buster as some pieces are smaller cuts. Second, it is also a great way to get the look of pricier knit by only using it on the front panel and then other prints to coordinate. Since this fabric is more of a masculine print I chose to add other colors to make it more girly!
I will make many many more of these as there are so many options with such a wide size range and can be used for boys and girls. The only part of this pattern I may alter in the future is to add sleeve bands to create a more fitted look. And that is pretty easy to do on your own. This pattern has you hem the sleeves by folding up. It looks fine that way just a personal preference. The neckband has an option to make it slimmer by taking off an inch I will likely do that next time too as a I prefer a fitted look.
This was my first sew of a Peekaboo pattern, but I have many more in my collection. I am ready to sew up this pattern over and over for all 3 of my kids! While out at the park on a rather warm winter day they thought they were really super kids!