What's up from the Bundle today!?!? Why the lovely Jenny Dress by Sis Boom, of course. We love that this pattern has so many options included. I absolutely love deep V necklines - so this is getting added to my sewing list NOW!!!!
Check out Crystal's lovely Jenny and you may just want to add this awesome pattern to your bundle....
The fit of this dress it spot on. The pattern has instructions for measuring yourself, then you choose your size based on your chest measurement, next you pick your cup size, and finally you cut your waist band based on your measurements. I usually try to sew a muslin when I try a new women’s pattern but had no time to make one for this, but luckily, the fit is perfect without any adjustments!
- Three sleeve options – sleeveless, flutter sleeves and cap sleeves
- An option for a ruffle collar
- An option for a modest neckline
- Instructions to make any length from top length to maxi dress
For my dress, I used some fabric I picked up on sale at JoAnn Fabrics. It was on sale for $2.50 a yard! After picking up my 14” zipper for the side zip (with a coupon of course) this dress cost me under $8!
Here are a few more details about the dress…
- Sizes XS to XXXL
- Pattern pieces are not nested so you only print your size, there is a chart that tells you exactly which pages you need to print.
- Fully lined bodice
- Lots of options!
- Clear instructions and diagrams
- Yardage requirements for all sizes and options.
- Notches on pattern pieces so everything lines up perfectly.
- Cutting layout diagram.
This dress is something an advanced beginner could tackle. It took me about 2 hours for printing to finished dress. It does have a zipper, but I am telling you, this dress has the easiest zipper installation I have ever done!
This is such a great dress for summer, it can be dressed up or down, wear it to church, date night, or just a trip to the park. I think I am going to need a few more Jenny dresses for my summer wardrobe!