Bundle Up, Bundle Up, Everybody Bundle Up, bu bu bu bu Bundle UP!
***Don't forget to Enter the 'Win It Before You Can Buy It' Giveaway!!!***
Today we take a look at the Peplum Top by Jocole. With Jodi, you know you are going to get versatility, clear instructions, and a garment that looks professionally made. This pattern is no different! There are options for Cap, Short, 3/4 length, or Long Sleeves, and even instructions for combining this bodice with other Jocole patterns for a myriad of options. Check out all the details in Crystal's review....
This pattern is great! If I could, I would give Jodi a high five for this one! It is trendy and figure flattering, an awesome women’s pattern. But it would be perfect for teens too and is even modest enough to work for tweens.
he pattern is designed to be made with knit fabrics, the pattern suggests something with 75% stretch or more and includes a chart to help you determine how much stretch your knit has. I used a mint green spandex knit from Girl Charlee and it was perfect. It is so soft and stretchy, it feels like I am wearing my favorite t shirt, but looks like I put some effort into my outfit!
Let’s talk about the details…
- Sizes XS – XXXL
- Options for sleeveless, cap sleeve (which I chose), short sleeve, ¾ sleeve, wrist sleeve, and long sleeve.
- Options for regular peplum (like the shirt I sewed) or fishtail peplum which is a bit longer in the back
- Clear diagrams and easy to follow instructions
- Yardage requirement chart
- Measurement chart to help you pick the right size
- Great tips for working with knits
- Includes instructions to lengthen or shorten the top
- Includes instructions on making a peplum pencil dress
This pattern is a quick sew, I finished mine in about an hour. It is something even a beginner with some experience with knits could sew.
The pattern has instructions for using clear elastic to hem the neckline, but also links to a web page where you can learn any kind of neck binding you ever wanted to know! I chose to do a simple binding on my neckline instead of the elastic hem.
This pattern will be included in the women’s Bundle UP promo coming next week, make sure you grab it along with some of the other great patterns in the bundle at a really great price!