Today we take a look at the next feature in the Boy's BundleUP collection. Looking for something warm to wear with fall right around the corner? Look no further than the Zander's Hoodie by Everything Your Mama Made - an asymmetrical zip hoodie that can be made in sweatshirt material or fleece and also has a vest option, so cool!
Nichole is here to show off how much her tween loves his hoodie and to give you the pattern deets....
- First of all, this can be made as a jacket, or a vest. Sweet. Both lined, except the sleeves on jacket aren't lined.
- Huge size range...0-3 months through 18! Yes!!
- Size chart and yardage estimate. I found both to be spot on, and I blended sizes for a better fit.
- 34 pages for the pattern pieces. BUT, they tape together very quickly, no cutting. Love putting her patterns together.
- She includes a fabric cutting guide, and follow it. I goofed and placed my band down incorrectly, but thankfully I had enough to cut another!
- Directions are thorough, but not too lengthly. She does include a more detailed breakdown of sewing the lining together.
- Time invested...this one took me a while. But I have no doubt that my next one will go much much quicker. I spent two afternoons working on this one.
- I would consider this pattern, intermediate. Based on the zipper install and the sewing the lining in process. (Here's a tip...baste your zipper in until you get the placement perfected. I had to take my zipper out twice to get my pockets and band lined up perfectly.)