Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup next in our Boy's BundleUP Collection - the Tank and Boxer Set by Jocole. This is Jocole's first pattern for boys, and you can rest assured that all the things you love about Jodi's patterns for girls and women are included in this pattern too.
Here is Katie to show off her creation and share all the details about the pattern with you...
- Comes in sizes 6m - 18!!! Seriously, I am already thinking about adapting the size 18 to fit my husband because he was super impressed with the professional look of these.
- The pattern pieces print on 14 pages. The pattern pieces are nested and color coded (and dashed lines) for size. Normally I am all about the dashed lines because I print B&W, but my printer was out of black ink, so I was super happy that she has both options this time :)
- Measurements are given for the elastic and tank top binding pieces (and are also repeated on the pattern pieces so you never have to scroll back up, or write anything down).
- A measurement chart is provided, as well as a fabric yardage chart. The tank is a knit top, and the boxers are meant for wovens (I made the shorts with flannel).
- As usual with Jocole patterns, the pieces are easy to tape together, according to numbered pages and triangles to match up on each page.
- The boxers have an option for an extended facing for the fly, with button closure. I love the professional appearance of this, especially for gift giving. Being that my little guy attempts to get away with wearing this kind of stuff in public, I opted to forego this option this time.
- The designer provides a link to many various binding options on the tank (including FOE), so you can pick your favorite way to attach the binding. I went with the basic, and I am SUPER happy with the professional look of his tank top.
- Both the tank and the boxers can be made by a beginner sewist.