The Women's Andover Pullover&Jacket fits the bill perfectly!
So let's talk Pattern:
- Size XS-3X (0-26) - holy moly that is a HUGE size range!!!
- Option of lined or unlined zip up jacket or pullover. Long sleeved with optional pockets.
- 39 pages of beautifully computer drafted pattern pieces with both color and dashed lines to differentiate sizes. It is a lot of pages, but with long sleeves, a hood, and a full pleated front, it is understandable. You can save a few pages of printing by not printing the front lining if you are doing the unlined version.
- Detailed instructions with clear color photographs.
- Variety of Testers Images to show you ideas and fit on a range of sizes.
- I would call this advanced beginner - the placket and zipper instructions are clearly described in the instructions, but these are still slightly more advanced techniques. You can certainly use this pattern to learn though!!!
The one thing that I noticed while making the pattern was that the pattern runs on the larger side - it is supposed to be a looser pullover/jacket, so that makes sense. My waist measured at the XL and my bust was between L&XL, I made the L and I am happy that I did as it is still roomy enough to wear something underneath. So I would say the most important measurement is your bust, and if you are between sizes, you can size down.
I made a few changes - I left off the pockets, I don't need to draw any extra attention to my curvy hips. I also did a lined hood, but not a lined pullover. And last, I went with 3/4 sleeves instead of long sleeves, I just like 3/4 sleeves and tend to push all long sleeves up, so it just makes sense.
So grab the pattern while it is on sale and whip one up for yourself and your little one to be comfy in style!