No collection of patterns is complete without a great set of pajamas! Pajamas are a great place to practice your sewing techniques, an amazing place to have fun with fabrics, and if you little girl is anything like mine - she LOVES her pajamas!!! So I am so excited the the Girls BundleUP! includes the Jam Jam PJ's by Love Notions.
Hello, Alexis here from My Sweet Sunshine and I will be sharing with you Love Notions Jam Jam Sleepwear Pattern. This is my first experience with Love Notions so I am very excited to find a pattern designer that provides not only great styles but great instructions. This Sleepwear pattern is just one of eleven patterns that will be offered in the Bundle Up group, so make sure you check them all out!!
Nitty Gritty of the Jam Jam Sleepwear Collection:
- Sizing: 2T-14yrs
- Fabric suggestions: Medium Weight fabric-Ponte, interlocking , jersey, cotton/lycra Knit
- Ruffles can be made from Light to medium fabric like Knits and Lace
- Pattern features Top, shorts and pants options
- Comfortable fit
- Notions needed: Interfacing, elastic and optional clear elastic
- Sizing Chart
I have been hoarding Anna Marie Horner Flannel Fabric for some time waiting for just the right project. Well, I found one! I used the flannel as my main fabric and interlocking knit for the back and ruffle. I think it was a success with my daughter as soon as I made it and had her try it on, she wore it the rest of the night and every night since! I made a size 8 and found the sizing was spot on according to the sizing chart.
A few of my favorite features:
- Shirt Tail Hem- I adore the longer back not only for style but coverage as well
- Layering - When you print the pattern you can choose to print only the size you need. This feature has to be my most favorite coming out of the PDF world
- The pattern includes the exact measurement for the neckband- I know this can easily be figured out but when you are sewing away you don't want to stop your momentum.
- Pattern can be used for all seasons- Shorts for warm months and Capri for colder months.
- This pattern is suitable for a beginner to advanced seamstress
- One of the coolest features of this pattern is it includes a Hyperlink to videos to help a beginner seamstress. What a great idea for a visual learner!!
- Table of Context along the side of the instructions- So imagine yourself sewing along and you get to the part where you need to cut the elastic for the waistband. Well now all you have to do is click the Cutting Guide Tab on the side of each page and it takes you right to the page. How awesome is that!! Time save! I hope to see that feature in more patterns.
My kids love crawling into Pj's the minute they get home from school so needless to say I have been asked (begged) to make more. So if you are looking for a great Pajama pattern, look no further then Jam Jam Sleepwear Collections. Thank you so much Pattern Revolution and Love Notions for letting me review the Jam Jam Sleepwear Collections. -Alexis
Cute and comfy describes the Jam Jam Pattern by Love Notions. I can’t even put into words how thrilled my daughter is with her new pajamas, but hearing her say, “Thank you Mom, I love these soooooo much,” just touches my heart and reminds me why I love to sew for my kids. Obviously, I will be making more. The great thing is that they come with the option to make capris or shorts and both have the curved ruffle hem. The shirt gathers at the shoulder seams, has a yoke in the back, and is longer in the back than the front. The pants and shorts have an elastic waist and a faux drawstring can be added.
This pattern can be printed using the layers selection which allows you to print only the size(s) you need. This is one of my favorite features in patterns. It eliminates the confusion of mixing up size lines. There is also a table of contents which is located along the left side of the page. You can click on a topic and you are taken to that page. No more scrolling to get to your page.
This pattern includes the following:
- *instructions for printing the pattern
- *pattern pieces for the shirt, yoke, sleeves, capris/shorts
- *measurement cutting chart for the neckband, ruffles, elastic, drawstring
- *page print guide so you print only the pages you need for your selected size(s)
- *pattern layout diagram
- *printing instructions and layers option for printing selected size(s)
- *fabric requirement chat, recommended fabrics, and supply list
- *cutting layout with instructions for cutting the pieces
- *sewing directions with accompanying color pictures
- *color photos for inspiration
- *sizes included: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14
- *video link and web links for showing how to gather and use a twin needle
- *table of contents with clickable links
This is a beginner level pattern and the thorough instructions with accompanying photos make it easy to complete the sewing steps. This style is perfect for girls. Be sure to pick up your copy of the Jam Jam Sleepwear by Love Notions.