Hear that?? The pitter pattering of bare feet trekking mud around your home from play in the sprinklers?? ME NEITHER. Because Summer is out, and Fall is IN, bringing with it a three-word phrase for "relief."
Back To School!
And now that the munchkins are off maccaroni-arting and studying vocab, you have time to SEW! Where do you start?? I've compiled my season's fashion trends, adapted them for girls, and found the CUTEST patterns to sew them in. Read on!
Ready or not - 90's is back, ya'll. Red, gray, black. Layered sweaters, rocker tees, relaxed fit pants, beanies, bucket hats, and of course leather and plaid EVERYTHING. It's allll back.. but with a twist! The "glam" element means the jackets are fitted, and the accessories - heavy on metallics and animal prints - are girly and fun.
As is standard in children's fashion, the kiddos get a much softer version of the grown up trends. Red and black brighten to pinks and grays. Rocker minis are made modest and child friendly with ruffles and leggings. For the littlest rockers among us, here's what I suggest:
To show you just how girly and playtime-friendly this trend could be, I made a second look!
The Cat's Meow
- Wildcat inspired accessories - like the animal hoodie I adapted below (pin that tutorial for later!), or a great pair of leopard print flats. (I'll take a pair of those while you're at it!)
- All-things animal-ear hoods! I made this one with whiskers and a little kitty nose too :) Pattern from Living D.I.Y. Style.
All Star Wardrobe
I'm most excited for this one! Mostly because it justifies my wearing athletic wear 24/7.
- Sweatpants in fun colors and prints. Consider the Harem pants below, or these floral aviator pants from the Boys' Bundle Up line.
- Headbands are a super easy DIY project with our scrap knit!
- Athletic shorts, or skorts like this one are great for play and right on trend for our mini athletes!
- Combine flirtier attire with unisex pieces like stripe sweaters or puff vests. How great would this be sleeveless, lined in fuzzy fleece??
I'm intrigued to find all fashions are mixing masculine fashions with a hyper-feminine twist. I love it! Perfect for styling our trendy gals, from the tom-boys to the girliest of girly girls.
What will you be sewing?? Do you have the *perfect* fabric for one of these styles?? I want to see! As always, be sure to share your creations with us on our facebook wall :)