The temps are starting to drop, there is a crispness in the air, and every once in a while I catch a tree with leaves that are starting to change color. Fall is on the way, and we know what that means...... tedious hours spent transferring our kids wardrobes from summer to fall ;op Hahahahaha, but it also means some super awesome layering and great style. And the more you layer, the longer you can take getting that fall wardrobe pulled together.
Here are some great patterns from Terra's Treasures, and some fun ideas to layer and style them for Fall fashion fabulous-ness.
- Pair with an infinity scarf, arm warmers, and a skinny leather belt and your are set!
- Leave off the ruffles, and add an over-sized bow on front - this is a big fall trend, pair with tights or leggings and you are holiday ready.
- for girls, layer up the P51 Flyer (size down for a more fitted look), with the Streamline Tee and the Monkey's Bug leggings (if you need higher than a size 5, there are tons of other great legging options out there), awesome boots and a page boy hat complete a school appropriate ensemble. (*capture your girl's personality with fun freezer paper stencils)
Another easy look for Girls is dresses or tunics simply layered over leggings - it is so basic, but so practical. The Country Town Dress can get you a straight off the runway look - use the 3/4 sleeve and find a great large scale graphic print. Add some fingerless gloves, black leggings, and canvas sneakers, and you have nailed urban chic.
Here are some of my favorite accessories to add that extra 'pop' to your layering ensembles.
- Great Shoes and boots - I love having at least one thing with a fun pop of color (and yes, I check the consignment shops for funky items that look like they have never been worn without paying big bucks!)
- Infinity Scarves - they don't get lost, and you can get great color, texture, or pattern added to any basic outfit. (*always make sure you monitor small children while wearing any scarf or accessory)
- Hats - beanie hats are big on the runway this year, knit hats are once again a great pop of color and a way to add some personality. Knit hats have a flexible fit, and help keep your kiddo warm!
Hope this inspires you to layer up for fall! Share all your fall outfits with us in September with #Layerup! on Facebook and Instagram