Today we have a great review of the Casual Lady Top (and Dress) by our affiliate Go To Patterns. I really love the basic simplicity of this pattern - it is flattering on a variety of body shapes and easily lends itself to any print or solid fabric choice. This is the kind of top I live in in the summer, and the neckline and cap sleeve add just a bit of sophistication without it becoming fussy.
This pattern is available in a XXXS-XXL so it is perfect for the tweens and teens in your house and even us lusciously curvy mamas ;o) If you are just dipping your toe into the #Selfcaresewing journey, this is a great pattern to start out with... and if you are a confident self sewer, this is a fun pattern to play with. Just wait until you see our great review from Kara for mixing it up!
Let's get right to the details!
- This pattern is a super quick sew and easy too, those cap sleeves mean no messing with setting in sleeves!
- The shirt has a flattering fit. Unlike some shirts, it curves in at the waist, very slimming!
- There is an option for dress of shirt length.
- Sizes XXXS-XXL, so if you are small its got you covered, but it only goes up to 43" chest on the larger sizes. (The ones I am wearing are a M)
- Easy to print and assemble.
- The pattern has no pictures but illustrations for each step.
- There is a size chart and a chart with fabric requirements for each size.
- There are instructions for making the shirt longer or shorter.
- It has tips for sewing with knits if you are new to it.