This pattern features wrap design with a gorgeous scoop back. You can do an empire waist or a drop waist, I did the empire.
It has an option for flutter sleeves, which I chose to do, I love flutter sleeves!
It also can be made as a dress or top and has the option of a straight back or curved back. I love the curved back and used some eyelet lace to accent that curve.
This curved back dress is fully lined with no exposed seams, which means you don’t need a serger to get a clean professional finish! And you could actually even make it reversible if you wanted.
This was my first time sewing one of Amy’s patterns and I really enjoyed it. You know that first step of every PDF pattern “read through all the instructions before starting”, that is my least favorite part, I just want to tear into my new fabric and get started! But Amy actually makes this step enjoyable; her writing is lighthearted and actually fun to read, even in a sewing pattern!
Let me give you the rundown on the Brownie Goose Bay pattern…
- Pattern sizes 18 months to 12
- Size chart so you get the right fit.
- Fabric requirement chart.
- The pattern requires a good bit of fabric, but there are instructions for a slimmer skirt which requires less.
- Cutting layout diagram
- 9 pages of pattern pieces and a printing chart that tells you which ones you will need
- Cutting chart for the rectangle pieces
- Clear pictures and easy to follow instructions.
- Glossary of terms to help you if you are newer to sewing.
- Lots of options (as mentioned above)
I did have some fit issues. Make sure you check your girl’s measurements against the size chart before cutting. Amy states in the pattern that sizing is generous, and recommends that you size down if in between sizes to avoid the dress slipping off the shoulder due to the low cut of the back.
The back closes with 2 buttons. There is no button guide for placing them, I never use them anyway, so I didn’t miss it! The great thing about the wrap dress is you can adjust the buttons for the perfect fit. AND you can let the dress out a bit as your child grows by moving the buttons over a little!
You can purchase the pattern HERE
I just love the simplicity and classic look of the BG Bay Dress. I cannot get over the sweetness that it oozes!