Let's talk about this dress:
- First of all, it is reversible. I chose to have baby girl wear it with the scoop in the front, but next time I'll try the faux halter in the front to see how that looks.
- You have length options of peplum top, knee length dress, maxi dress, or high low maxi (*now if you choose the high low maxi it is no longer reversible ;op)
- Clear instructions with step by step pictures and directions for proper construction.
- QUICK SEW!!!! I've been sewing some complicated patterns recently for me, and I forgot how beautiful a quick sew is. I sewed this up in less than a nap time - WOOT!
- The pages are easy to print and assemble. The neck and armhole bindings along with the neck strap are included in the pattern pieces, but they don't add extra pages to print since they are small.
While this dress is a simple sew, the bindings and gathered neck strap give it a professional finish and level of interest above just a simple tank dress. The bindings are so simple to sew on, and the instructions make it even easier - you will want to finish all your knits this way! I love the knee length because my daughter could run, play, dance, climb rocks, and rule the park without ever getting caught up in what she was wearing. It is perfect alone and could also be paired with leggings and a cardigan for this weather that has no clue what season it wants to be from one day to the next.
This is the size 3 on my just turned 2 year old daughter - now before you start thinking this pattern runs small, my daughter is 99% for both weight and height, 36.5 inches tall at 2!!!!! I picked her size based on the size chart and it was spot on.
I will be making more of these for sure!
There are so many things to like about this pattern. I love options because they provide a variety in your wardrobe. With this pattern, there are 3 choices. You can make a maxi or knee length dress or a peplum top. The dress versions are reversible. You can wear the scoop neck in the front or back. Here's a picture of the back so you can see the other option.