Summer is right around the corner, or already here if you are in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer to me means tank tops - and I have just added a new sewing project to my ever growing list. Jocole comes through with the awesome Shoreline Tank in both women's and girl's sizes. And the both have optional ruffles to jazz it up and get a variety of looks. Grab one size, or both to do adorable Mommy and Me looks like Cassie and Katie!
The neckline and arm bindings are the trickiest part of this pattern. I love that Jocole patterns come with a huge section dedicated to giving you tips and tricks for sewing with knits. The techniques I've learned by reading through those tutorials are invaluable. Once you get the hang of sewing the straps and neckline, the rest of the pattern is a breeze!
Both patterns are very similar in direction but have unique options to make them appropriate for ladies and girls separately. The ladies version has a shelf bra option, which is perfect for summer time or layering. I wear a white shelf bra tank every day! No joke! The Shoreline Tank pattern is a comfortable fitting tank. I love that it is long and covers up my back when I am bending down to pick up a child or reaching up high to get something out of the cupboard. The ladies pattern offers a wide range of sizes, XS through XXXL and can be sewn with less than a yard of knit fabric. There is a great sizing chart with finished measurements that will help you select the perfect size. This pattern is also paper conscious, and only requires 5 pieces of paper for printing your pattern pieces!
The girls' tank pattern comes with a ruffled neckline option that adds some extra girly flair, but can be left off for a basic tank look. Here in Hawaii, the temperature is typically in the low 80s and my daughter and her friends love their Shoreline tanks to wear everyday. They are an easy on/off for those young girls still getting the hang of dressing themselves. You can really play around with the fabric combos in the various pieces of the tank to help the pattern details to pop, or make it all from the same fabric for a fresh and simple style. The girls pattern includes instructions and pattern pieces for sizes either NB through size 5, or 6 through 14. Sizing charts are included as well as handy cutting charts on the pattern piece. I love when I don't have to go back to the top of the pattern to check the measurements for my bindings and ruffles!
As summer is drawing near and you are stocking up on your warm weather patterns, The Shoreline Tanks are a great choice. Shop around and find some great knit and get sewing!
Lily Shine Boutique www.facebook.com/lilyshineboutique
- The women's sizing goes from xs-xxxl. That's a nice range! Measurements are provided for bust, waist, and hip, so you can mix and match which size you need.
- Girl's sizes include NB-5T and then 6-14 for the older girls. You can match all the ladies in your family ;)
- Includes options for ruffles on both the ladies' and girls' versions.
- Includes links to tutorials on multiple neck and strap binding options, including using fold over elastic.
- The women's pattern includes 5 pages to print, and the younger girl's version is 2.
- The measurement chart for the ruffles and binding strips is also printed on the pattern pieces, I LOVE that in a pattern!
- Instructions are provided with clear pictures/drawings showing each step, as well as a text version without pictures for the seasoned sewist.